Contract Award Manual can be found at http://polisubs.alaska.gov
The State of Alaska has negotiated special pricing from many vendors, and these prices are “available to Cities, Universities, Boroughs, School Districts, and other Political Subdivisions of the State of Alaska”.
Note: Alaska libraries of all types are eligible to use these contracts based on the following Alaska Statutes:
SEC. 36.30.790. DEFINITIONS.
1) “cooperative purchasing” means procurement conducted by, or on behalf of, more than one public procurement unit, or by a public procurement unit with an external procurement activity;
2) “external procurement activity” means a buying organization not located in this state that, if located in this state, would qualify as a public procurement unit; an agency of the United States is an external procurement activity;
3) “local public procurement unit” means a municipality or other subdivision of the state or other entity that expends public funds for the procurement of supplies, services, professional services, and construction, and any nonprofit corporation operating a charitable hospital;
4) “public procurement unit” means either a local public procurement unit or a state public procurement unit;
From the State Site:
These contracts provide significant savings that your entity may not be able to otherwise achieve through its normal contracting activities:
- Great pricing based on the State of Alaska’s purchasing power.
- Multi-state contracts that leverage the combined purchasing volume of many states.
- Avoid the time and expense of contracting for these same goods and services internally.
- Most cooperative contracts allow for payment by agency credit card.
Here are some of the state contracts that may be available for use by your organization:
- Wireless Service & Equipment
- Electrical Services
- Hospital & Lab Supplies
- Facilities/Janitorial Supplies
- Vehicle Rentals
- Public Safety Radios
- Electronic Monitoring
- Office Supplies
- Security & Protection Services
- Digital Print & Copy Services
- Purchase Cards
- Mailroom Equipment
- Tires, Tubes, & Service
- Aircraft Charters
- Building Supplies
- AND MORE!