NOTE: AutoMate will be replacing Ebsco’s Auto Repair Reference Center.
The following information comes from https://www.ebscohost.com/public/automate
Expert Auto Service and Repair Information
Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, AutoMate provides the most accurate, authoritative and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins and recalls and more.
Up-to-Date Information, Intelligent Search
Designed for touch-enabled devices such as laptops and tablets, AutoMate offers a user-friendly search experience and access to a wealth of information to help users diagnose, repair and maintain today’s complex vehicles. Diagrams and images can be easily magnified and printed.
AutoMate contains the following:
- Service information optimized for the most common maintenance and repair operations
- Technical service bulletins and recall notices
- Component location diagrams for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks
- Precise and comprehensive wiring diagrams for all systems
- Maintenance schedules and estimated labor times for the most commonly performed operations in a mechanical repair shop
- Engineering specifications/standards for the most common repairs and adjustments
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), flowcharts and step-by-step diagnostic instructions covering powertrain, chassis, body, and network communication
- Part numbers, diagrams and pricing for thousands of the most commonly replaced parts, including manufacturer-suggested retail price to help users validate the cost of repairs and identify all iterations of a part number or part status (current, superseded, split, discontinued)
MOTOR Information Systems is the world’s premier supplier of automotive data. Since 1903, MOTOR has been providing customers with accurate, thorough and timely service and repair information to satisfy all of their automotive needs. MOTOR is a division of Hearst Business Media, a Hearst company.