SAYL Mail School and Youth Librarians newsletter August 13, 2020
Welcome Back! And may the Force be with you in a school year like no other…
SURVEY: Please take a few minutes to let me know what you need from SAYL Mail.
I am available for zoom/webex meetings with individual SL’s or groups. Email or give me a call.
Around the state
- Deadline August 25 at 4:30 pm for public comment for the adoption of the AASL Standards Framework for Learners. Please go to http://notice.alaska.gov/198958 for more information about the process and venues for commenting.
- AkASL is collecting stories from SLs during COVID 19 Share yours here!
- Online Gathering: AASL Townhall Wednesday September 16 8:00am REGISTER
“Join AASL leadership and your colleagues to talk about how you’re updating your practice based on lessons learned from the spring.” All welcome
Resources (basically AASL is your go to this fall)
Contains free resources from webinars to articles. Topics include virtual field trips, leveraging tech to promote reading, school libraries beyond four walls and much more.
Features companies with free resources and how to access them.
- AASL Pandemic Resources for School Librarians (AASL)
Features latest CDC guidance, town hall recordings, survey results from spring and summer.
- AASL School Librarian Role in Pandemic Learning Conditions (CHART)
Print this off and share with your administrator and use as a tool to start conversations for planning, collaboration and communication. Outlines the roles of the SL and how their skill set can be used to benefit the school community during COVID.
- Alaska State Library: Live Homework Help has some new features that will come in handy this fall including increased tutoring topics, more test prep materials and live coaching on study skills, time management and organization. Make sure the link to this service is handy in your LMS and on your library webpages. More information to come.
Articles and Podcasts of Interest